Stagger 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stagger 4x4

Jeep Club of WV

Stagger HomePortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Channel 23 on the C.B.

There is a new main page and forum in the works. Should be up and running very soon!

Engine Eletrical shortage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JSinclair
JSinclair

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Engine Eletrical shortage Empty
PostSubject: Engine Eletrical shortage   Engine Eletrical shortage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:38 pm

well other than haveing to work, this is what else I was faced with during and instead of the poker run..

I discovered (after interior lights and accessories not working) that that the main wires in the engine bay were layin against the manifold and melted the wired and eventual shorted them out.. I have most of it figured out except a couple that I'm hoping you guys can figure out---for an AMC360

1) off of the starter relay (positive side) the main battery cable and another thick black wire that splits into a thick yellow (that I'm assuming runs the main power in the cab) and another red wire im assuming. most of the wires casing was melted, but it has a red tint in some areas..I'm guessing that this runs to the red wire off of the altinator?

2) If I'm correct about the red wire to the altinator, then where does the yellow wire from the altinator go?

Thanks for reading
Back to top Go down
irishjeeper
Board Member
Board Member
irishjeeper

Number of posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: Engine Eletrical shortage   Engine Eletrical shortage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 am

sounds like the fuseable link to ignition, not sure where its located on your waggy, talk to Scooter and see if he will let you look at the wiring harrness on his waggy. also try http://www.ifsja.org/
also BJ's , http://www.bjsoffroad.com/
Back to top Go down
JSinclair
JSinclair

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Engine Eletrical shortage   Engine Eletrical shortage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 am

yea I have a wiring diagram in the haynes, but it looks like jibberish, but it does say a fusible link off of the relay.. where should it tie back into the wiring system at?
haha i'll have to try to look at his and see what I can figure out im so confused! anyone good with this stuff wanna come look at it? haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Eletrical shortage   Engine Eletrical shortage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Eletrical shortage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stagger 4x4 :: Wrenching :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: