Stagger 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stagger 4x4

Jeep Club of WV

Stagger HomePortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Channel 23 on the C.B.

There is a new main page and forum in the works. Should be up and running very soon!

Uh Oh.. Lift problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wmw1977
10+
wmw1977

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Uh Oh..  Lift problem Empty
PostSubject: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi again.. new guy with another question. As my new Jeep isn't yet registered (will the title please show up tomorrow..) I have no choice but to climb around on it in the driveway and familiarize myself with everything. Today I made a discovery that doesn't make me very happy.. BUT hopefully won't be a big issue.
The lift/spacer on the front passenger side is .. well.. missing.
See pics. There is a gap between the spacers and the frame, looks like a 2 piece lift that broke off. Any suggestions? How dangerous is it (street driving)
Front passenger (front view)
Front RT, lift gap
Front passenger (side view)
Front RT, side view
Front drivers, front view
Front Left, lift
Front Drivers, side view
Front Left, side view

I am very new at this, but from the looks of it the drivers side (while it's still there) doesn't look like it's in very good shape either
Back to top Go down
jeepchic
Treasurer
Treasurer
jeepchic

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Those are just body lift spacers right? I don't know a whole lot about the newer jeep stuff..........old school..........but I would think that as long as it's not major twist time you're okay. I think you can use the regular body lift material stick and cut it to the size you want. Or, pipe and bushings. let me get somebody else's attention. Wish I could get a good look at it.
Back to top Go down
jeepchic
Treasurer
Treasurer
jeepchic

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Ah, sometimes I forget to log in after the wife, like now.
Back to top Go down
wmw1977
10+
wmw1977

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Correct.. just a body lift. From what I have found online it seems that this is a "radiator support". Appears to just be a rubber spacer that plugs into the body right below the radiator. fixing it may be as simple as getting my hands on a replacement plug and replacing the half plug that is there.
From the link below this should not require jacking up the vehicle at all, as it appears that these spacers are one of the last steps in completing a body lift
Rubicon Lift

If anyone sees a flaw in my thinking please let me know..
Back to top Go down
wmw1977
10+
wmw1977

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Link.. http://www.jeepbrokers.com/jeep_project_1_body_lift.htm
Rubicon lift
Back to top Go down
Vec
Vec

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

i cant see your pics but if its what im thinking... you will be fine.. the rad on a TJ is supported by the center bolt..

i actually lost one of my supports on the pass side of my TJ... and i haven't died in a fiery crash yet..
Back to top Go down
wmw1977
10+
wmw1977

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 pm

And that is what I wanted I needed to hear.
I actually tracked down the lift kit and turns out that the missing piece is called a bump stop. Hoping to get just a replacement bump stop.. But I am glad to hear that it's not something that should prevent me from driving.

Thanks again for all the responses
Back to top Go down
old school
Vice President
Vice President
old school

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:56 pm

cool, no fiery crash yet. Bring it on down and lets wheel.........it's the only way to really find out what it needs.
Back to top Go down
http://stagger4x4.com
wmw1977
10+
wmw1977

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:10 pm

I am dying to get going.. BUT I can't register it yet. Bought it from private seller and I don't have the title yet. His bank indicated that it may take up to 10 days to send the title.. 5 down.. hope to have it this week.
Back to top Go down
old school
Vice President
Vice President
old school

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:14 am

You should have told the dude it would take up to 10 days for him to recieve his plates back once the title was recieved. Try to come down sat and meet everyone if you can. (don't have to be in a jeep for that)
Back to top Go down
http://stagger4x4.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uh Oh.. Lift problem   Uh Oh..  Lift problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uh Oh.. Lift problem
Page 1 of 1